Full Stack WordPress Developer (Remote OK)
MJBizDaily, the most trusted business news publisher for the professional cannabis industry with more than four million unique visitors per year, is seeking a talented Full Stack WordPress Developer to help build our technology infrastructure.
You will report to our Web Development Lead and may work entirely remotely or use our offices in Lakewood CO as much as you wish. This is a fulltime position. Benefits include health, 401k, generous vacation and flexible scheduling that assists with your work/life balance.
You’ll be part of a friendly team of three in-house developers who are upgrading and maintaining our busy news content sites and related microsites. You should have a desire to be part of a team, to mentor and to share your knowledge – not to just put your head down and code for 40 hours a week. We are looking for a minimum of 3-5 years of solid development experience. However, if you have substantially more than five years, we would still like to talk to you.
Other requirements include:
- Development with WordPress, WordPress Plugins, and Custom WordPress Themes; specifically JointsWP and UnderStrap strongly preferred.
- A project portfolio that demonstrates your talent
- Strong full stack skills, including proficiency in PHP, JS, MySQL, HTML, and CSS
- Optimization of sites for SEO and speed
- Experience with tools and best practices for testing and version control. Git, GitHub, Beanstalk preferred.
- Requirement gathering and communication skills
- A positive attitude coupled with the ability to find creative, innovative solutions
- A sense of ownership and pride in what you create
Bonus skill sets and experience:
- Experience working with sites with heavy and frequently updated content
- A passion for delivering elegant, responsive designs for all devices, particularly mobile
- The code skills to create integrations and automations between disparate systems
- Exposure to conversion optimization practices
- Experience with AWS or other hosting providers
Depending on experience, the salary range for this role is $65-90k plus healthcare, flexible vacation and 401k. You must be a resident of the US or Canada and be available for routine virtual meetings during 10am-3pm Mountain Time most days of the week.
As seen in the WSJ, Harvard Business Review and on NPR, MJBiz is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc, a woman-owned company based in Lakewood, CO. We are an equal opportunity employer which recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Our flexible hours and benefits support employees looking for a non-normative experience.