Graphic Designer: Digital, Email & Social
Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily), an award-winning B2B media company producing online news services, newsletters, magazines and major trade shows, is seeking a Graphic Designer with strong digital and online experience and an understanding of what works for social, email and mobile web views.
This fulltime role reports directly to the Senior Graphic Designer and works closely with MJBizDaily’s marketing and editorial teams, working with a creative eye across platforms to connect with our audiences and convey a unified brand identity.
This role requires a highly organized person with excellent communications skills, particularly in a virtual work environment, who is extremely detail orientated and can manage multiple ongoing projects and deadlines.
If you thrive when innovating and getting the work done quickly and well, we want to meet you. Help us push our brand to the next level.
Develop creative concepts and assets for a wide range of projects including
- Advertisements – digital, social, email, print
- Social media posts, including brief video and interactive images
- Text-heavy content that’s readable
- Email newsletter and blast templates
- Basic UX/UI design for web pages
- Graphic elements such as thumbnails, buttons and images
- Other projects as they arise including some print projects
- Adhere to standards and template direction to create brand consistency
- Understand expectations and respond to feedback from leadership; please our internal clients
- Prioritize tasks from multiple stakeholders
What you bring to the team:
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design with 2-4+ years of digital design experience at a branded content studio, creative advertising agency, editorial publishing company or digitally focused marketing department
- Sophisticated sense of digital design, composition, typography and strong, strategic conceptual skills.
- Knowledge and expertise in digital design and production methods. Comfortable with UX basics, HTML/CSS for front end design styling, fluid in basic animation and interactive ad and social graphics
- Skilled photo editor
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver).
- Proficiency in audio and video editing software (Premiere Pro, After Effects).
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Team player who is able to work with staff at all levels in a collaborative, cross-departmental environment.
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
Experience in a B2B environment, working for a media company such as a news organization and/or in video editing is a plus.
Depending on experience, the salary for this role is in the $50,000-$60,000 per year range plus health insurance and 401k.
Applicants must be US residents. Currently we are working virtually, however, post-pandemic, office space will be available for any Denver-area staff requesting it.
As seen in the WSJ, Harvard Business Review and on NPR, MJBizDaily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc, a woman-owned company based in Lakewood, CO. We are an equal opportunity employer which recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Our flexible hours and benefits support employees looking for a non-normative experience.