Marketing Specialist: Demand Generation (Remote Possible)
Interested in working for the most trusted business news publisher and trade show producer in the cannabis industry? Celebrating our 11th anniversary, MJBiz has won awards for its high-quality publications and events.
Now we are seeking a Marketing Specialist in Demand Generation with strong copywriting chops to ensure our sales team have an organized, researched and updated database of qualified leads and great marcom to pitch them with. This is not a sales position. You will be responsible for:
– Copywriting marketing messages, including emails and landing pages, on our sites and in our publications to let businesses know they should enquire to advertise, sponsor or exhibit with us
– Researching, updating, classifying and organizing prospect information in our SalesForce database so we know more about our customers and potential new accounts
– Reviewing competing publications to measure our market share and ID advertisers our sales reps should be paying more attention to
– Helping our executives use their LinkedIn accounts to connect with our best customers and prospects
– Creating marcom (with support from the graphic design department) such as media kits and ‘sales slicks’ for our reps to use
This Specialist will report directly to the SVP Events & Sales and work closely with the VP Sales as well as sharing a sense of team spirit with the reps themselves. This new position has been created to help feed them more qualified leads so they can shine, and they will be grateful for your skills.
– Professional copywriting skills (we will ask for a sample)
– SalesForce experience, especially in updating records, and lead scoring and ranking
– 3+ years of experience in a demand generation or lead generation department, including involvement with researching and classifying leads
– Self-motivation to research new prospects, review competitors and update a database constantly
– Experience in using LinkedIn as a connection-building platform
– Experience in the publishing or event industries, or with a SaaS or other tech brand selling to thousands of mid-sized accounts, a plus.
You must be a U.S. or Canadian resident for this position. After the pandemic, you may work out of our Denver-area offices as much as you wish, or you can work from a remote location in the US or Canada. However, due to business nexus regulations, we are not able to hire residents of California, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey or New York for this position.
Depending on experience, the salary for this role is in the $60-75k per year range plus health insurance, paid time off and 401k.
Applicants must be US or Canadian residents. Note: Residents of California, New York, Louisiana and Massachusetts are not eligible for this role due to business considerations. Some US travel and possibly some travel outside the US may be required on occasion. Currently we are working virtually, however when the pandemic is over, office space will be available for any Denver-area staff requesting it.
As seen in the WSJ, Harvard Business Review and on NPR, MJBizDaily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc, a woman-owned company based in Lakewood, CO. We are an equal opportunity employer which recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Our flexible hours and benefits support employees looking for a non-normative experience.