Social Media Specialist, Editorial – 13-week, temporary role
Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily), an award-winning B2B media company producing online news services, newsletters, magazines and major trade shows, is seeking a temporary Social Media Specialist.
This role reports to the VP Content Strategy and Audience Engagement and works closely with our editorial and sales teams.
This is a 13-week long, temporary position, beginning July 5.
As a social media specialist, you will amplify our content across social channels. You’ll suggest and implement creative ways to attract more audience and promote our brand. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies.
- Through day-to-day hands-on execution and longer-term strategies, create engaged communities of fans and advocates.
- As a business news publication, be prepared to post at least 7 stories a day across 8 social platforms
- Amplify existing content for each social channel that is on-brand, differentiates us from our competitors, and conveys our value
- Use data to continually improve content strategy
- Schedule a regular cadence of content, while being opportunistic with timely news/content
- Tactically manage our accounts across social platforms daily
- Build social posts for paid advertising clients and report on key metrics
- May include creating, managing and reporting on LinkedIn ad campaigns
What you bring to the team:
- 2-3 years experience building community via social
- Knowledge of social media tools and analytics
- Knowledge of social media and SEO best practices
- Experience with media brands preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently
- Experience re-using longer form content for social media
- Ability to create basic video edits, animated graphics and edit images
Applicants must be US residents. Preference will be given to Denver-area residents.
As seen in the WSJ, Harvard Business Review and on NPR, MJBizDaily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc, a woman-owned company based in Lakewood, CO. Currently, all employees are virtual with a return to the office date not yet scheduled. We are an equal opportunity employer.